3/15/2009

SINGAPORE DAY 5

Last night we indulged in the "national dish of Singapore" CHILI CRAB. Now I am not the biggest crab eater, I find them difficult to maneuver, messy and a lot of work for very little payoff but when it's the "national dish", you gotta give it a shot. Boy, am I glad I did, we tried both the CHILI CRAB and the BLACK PEPPER CRAB as well as LONG SCOTTISH CLAM and all the dishes were fantastic. Even Aamir who has had this at other places said it was one of the best he's tried. Yes, they are messy, yes they are hard to maneuver but the flavor makes it all worth it, I will definitely be eating more crab in my life if it tastes like this. If you are ever in Singapore, try LONG BEACH SEAFOOD in Dempsey, you won't be disappointed.

Another tour around the busy city on Saturday night, then back to the hotel for goodbyes and right to bed as I had to be up around 5:30am to get ready for the long adventure home. So here's how it went:

5:30AM - Wake up
6:45AM - Leave Hotel for Airport
7:20AM - Arrive at Airport
7:45AM - Arrive at Cathay Pacific Lounge
9:30AM - Plane leaves for HONG KONG
12:50PM - Arrive in HONG KONG
1:45PM - Arrive in Cathay Pacific Lounge
5:00PM - Plane Leaves for VANCOUVER (SUNDAY PM)
MASSIVE SHIFT IN THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM WHERE I LOSE 21 HOURS
1:30PM - Arrive in VANCOUVER (SUNDAY PM)

One thing to note, the Singapore airport is a well-run machine, very efficient and very quick. The Hong Kong airport on the other hand is a gong show, disaster area all over but I did manage to find my Johnny Blue for $187CDN and a great perfume for Michelle so it's not a total loss!

This has been one hell of an adventure and the reason for it all, the job interview, I think went quite well. It's a great opportunity but Michelle and I have much to discuss and I still have a few exciting opportunities to explore here and abroad in the next few weeks. Regardless, SINGAPORE was fantastic and I think it will be sooner rather than later when I return, job or not.

To see all of my SINGAPORE pics, click HERE!!!

No comments: