3/13/2009

SINGAPORE DAY 3

So the jetlag has hit big time and I only slept for 4 hours altogether... wow.

Okay like I said, this is a cool, clean city but I'm starting to notice one thing, it's really expensive. A bottle of Vodka will cost you around 100$S, cars will cost you close to or more than 100,000$S but food is where it's all over the map, you can go super cheap or you can go super pricey but overall it's all good. They have a lot of places to eat, they even have malls dedicated to restaurants. It's nuts. Nobody cooks at home because it is cheaper to eat out!

I think there are triple the amount of restuarants here than in Vancouver, like I said, they have malls filled with restaurants rather than stores and so far all the food has been awesome. Last night my buddy Aamir took me to a place called HOUSE that is a refurbished Army Barracks in DEMPSEY HILL and all the food and booze is served in little tin army cups and bowls, pretty cool and good too. We had the Crispy Beef Salad, Spicy Hasina Prawns & Mango and the Pork Tenderloin and to drink Tiffin Punch (fruit, champagne and Vodka served in four army-style cups). Very tasty.

I spent the morning boarding the MRT (the Sing subway system, clean, fast, efficient) to get lost in the city. I went to see ORCHARD STREET (it's like Robson Street except on crack and gigantic, each block is a different mall filled with shops and restaurants, I'm not kidding - you could spend a month here just shopping, it's the national pastime), then I was on my way to CHINATOWN when the skies darkened and it started to pour... hard. I made it back to my hotel like a drowned rat and will wait out the rain before heading on my next adventure. 

More tomorrow...


4 comments:

BEADLE said...

I checked out your photos on Flickr ! It looks amazing there Gio !

your pal,
Beadle

Anonymous said...

Orchard Street is NOT ON CRACK! HOW DARE YOU! A CANING for even SUGGESTING THAT!

DEATH FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Singapore_Embarkation_Card.png

Anonymous said...

whoops, URL too long:

http://www.tinyurl.com/cerone

(Singapore immigration card).

LOBOT said...

Ask one of the local massage parlors for a 'Hot Richard'. Apparently, it was invented there.