3/12/2009

SINGAPORE DAY 2

So last night, I met up with Bobby the recruiter and he took me to this place called CHJMES (pronounced "Chimes") which seems to be a massive monastery converted into a collection of restaurants. We ate at the aptly titled CARNIVORE which as you can imagine is a restaurant focused on meat, Brazilian style, it was great. After that we met up for drinks with a couple of Bobby's co-workers for drinks but I was done, the long travel and lack of sleep was catching up with me, so I was done for the night.

And up at 6am, still jet-lagged, but I got ready for my day of interviews with excitement and some nerves. A 20-minute cab ride, 4 hours of interviews and hundreds of questions later, the official part of my trip was done and now, exploring the city it top priority. Why? Cause it's not only the job... it's also the place. Singapore would be a big change for us.

Another plus is that I will be able to hang out with my old friend Aamir who I haven't seen since my days at Mainframe. He's been living and working here for the last four years and he loves it. So much so, he met and married his wife Denise and they have no desire to come back to Canada anytime soon. I will be hanging with Aamir tonight and then for the next two days exploring the city and soaking it all in.

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

CAMacKinnon said...

Bobby Butcher?