2/04/2007

BNL ARE ME


Yesterday while I was driving around doing errands, Michelle called and surprised me with news that she just scored two tickets to the sold out BARENAKED LADIES concert Saturday night. Serious? Very! Good news indeed.

This would be my sixth BARENAKED LADIES concert and I'll keep seeing them again, why? Well, they're my favorite band and honestly I have my friend LESLEY to thank for that since she dragged me to a couple shows eons ago when no one else would go with her (they were lesser known back then... when I had hair). She's the bigger fan but Michelle and I are no slouches either. Since that introduction to the world of BNL, I've seen a concert of theirs for every album that's come out. This is our second BNL show together and it was awesome. Quite honestly, the best of the six shows I've seen them in.

Here's why! 1) They were uber-relaxed and having fun with each other and the crowd all night long. 2) There was the perfect mix of new songs and old classics. Pretty much one for one. 3) BNL is known for improv on stage and after every 2 or 3 songs they would start telling jokes or make up songs on the spot or sing cover versions of classic tracks (last night we were blessed with a version of Cameo's "Word Up"). 4) Two encores! Two! They had the crowd jumping!

All in all a great show and I highly recommend checking out a BNL concert if you have the chance, you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

MrForbz said...

I can imagine they would put on one very entertaining show. Sounds like a blast!

Mikefarlane said...

The Ladies only get better and better. Did you two pick up a USB stick with the concert on it? I wanted one but missed out.