1/19/2008

KG 2 DA NYC

I've known Kevin Gamble for 20 years or so. We went to High school together, we acted together (43 lbs., Tiki Bar), we worked together (Grouse Mountain, Esplanade 6 Theaters, Mainframe), traveled together (Europe, Comic Con) and he was one of the groomsmen at my wedding. It's fair to say, we are good friends. One thing you should know about Kev is his love of animation, he loves to tell stories, he loves to make cartoons and he loves the entire process, so it came as no surprise that he got a job with Classic Media in New York City.

It's an awesome opportunity but it comes with the realization that another good, good friend is leaving Van City.

Now I've got tons of peeps who live abroad: Adam in San Fran, Dodson is Saskatoon, Lach in London, Frewer & the Marley Boys in Toronto but Kev is a little different, he's the Gambler, he's my right hand man, my hot wing co-pilot, my scotch buddy, my confidant to all job related thoughts and opinions. I've always been able to talk to Kevin about issues involving our industry (computer animation & games) and through the marvel of modern technology we will be able to continue our conversations but him not being here will be that much different. He's fantastic at what he does though and this is a going to be a great adventure for him, so we bid him a fond farewell and wish him nothing but the best.

In true Gambler fashion, a going away drink fest was held last night at Vibes downtown, filled with friends, co-workers and faces from the past. It's was a great time, a time to catch up with old buddies and a time to say goodbye to the Gambler. Have fun in the Big Apple buddy, you are gonna rock it!

Pics of the event can be seen HERE!
Chad's pics can be seen HERE!

2 comments:

CAMacKinnon said...

To quote Data from Star Trek: ""I can safely say, that to know him, was to love him. And to love him, was to know him...
Those who knew him, loved him, while those who did not know him, loved him from afar.""

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words G (and Cam)! I'm safely out east now and I begin the search for an apartment tomorrow in earnest (which i'll be doing over my lunch breaks)!

Thanks for a great night, guys!