11/16/2008

SCOTCHY SCOTCH SCOTCH!



Those famous words from Ron Burgundy hold very true for me as well, I love scotch and have for a while. There are many types to try: blends, single malts, peaty, smooth and as a lover of scotch I would find it very helpful if there were some sort of "scotch festival" out there to help me out in my quest for a good sip. Well thank the maker for HOPSCOTCH. Here's how they themselves describe it:

Entering it’s 12th successful year, Vancouver’s Hopscotch festival continues to prove itself as the superior premium Scotch, Whiskey and Beer festival on the west coast. The number of Scotch, Whiskey and Premium Beer admirers seems to grow every year, which is why at each festival we try to expand and improve the educational component of our event by giving enthusiasts the opportunity to learn, sip, and taste only the highest quality of liquors.

We plan to once again provide our patrons with the best selection of delectable products, while also offering opportunities to be informed and enlightened at a variety of dinners and events. Don’t miss this unique occasion of being able to truly experience some of your favorite brands and their world renowned brand ambassadors.

Experience Vancouver's Hopscotch and the more than 200 products available to taste, sample and discover.

I describe it as this:

A boozy good time with my buddies! Scotch yeah!!!

I went last year and was bombarded with many a different scotch and beer. This year we were hit with not only that, but Vodka, Rum, Tequila and other liqueurs as well. It was a boozy good time. There were over 30 different booths to try and there was no way I could hit them all so I tried to go to ones that I didn't recognize or haven't tried before. For me, the "best in show" was the CHIVAS REGAL 25 YEAR... wow. I mean, wow! It was to die for and at $325 a bottle, I would hope it was that good. All in all another great Hopscotch, can't wait for next year!!!

To see some HOPSCOTCH 2007 pics click 
To see some HOPSCOTCH 2008 pics click

No comments: