10/15/2008

WHAT HAPPENED TO GIOCHANNEL?

So for the longest time, I ran an entertainment site called GIOCHANNEL and from October 2003 until summer 2008, I or some of my close friends, would update that site everyday with the latest Movie, TV, Comic Book or DVD news. We wrote reviews, he hosted trailers we even had a section for idiotic but entertaining links found on the information superhighway. Lately, the parent site of Giochannel called CGCHANNEL has been going through some internal issues as well as having some server issues and the first and only victim of said issues is ofcourse GIOCHANNEL.

I've tried and tried to get GIOCHANNEL back up and running, but dealing with a parent site in Quebec while I am in Vancouver has not been easy. After a few months, I had to give up, the dream seems to be over my friends, GIOCHANNEL is gone.

But the Entertainment News lives on! While I am working on a new web venture with some fans of GIOCHANNEL, I've set up a blog so you can get all the same info I would have posted on GIOCHANNEL
HERE!

I call the blog GIO'S ENTERTAINMENT NEWS and for all you oldtimers out there, that was the name of my original daily entertainment email that I used to send out before I started GIOCHANNEL. Everything old is new again indeed!

So if you are looking for your Entertainment News fix from me, GIOCHANNEL may be down but I am not out. Visit
GIO'S ENTERTAINMENT NEWS and be sure to bookmark it as I update it everyday!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow sorry to see it go it was one of my standard lunchtime visits. Looking forward to the next version.

CORSIWORLD said...

Me too, it was a fan time for me. In the meantime, visit GIO'S ENTERTAINMENT NEWS and soon I can announce the next generation of Giochannel!

Unknown said...

The only thing that has been officially announced so far is that Johnny Depp will return as Captain Jack Sparrow in the fourth film.
___________
adolfo
Internet Marketing

Anonymous said...

GioChannel was my friend...

Anonymous said...

Anything to do with Gnomon now being the owner of CGChannel? Thought so.