10/05/2008

ENDINGS & BEGINNINGS

It was a weekend of endings and beginnings for us at Corsiworld.

First off on Saturday, we said goodbye to our brother-in-law EARL O'DONNELL who passed away last week after a lengthy battle with Liver Disease. Earl was one of my favorite relatives since for the five years that I knew him, he never got my name right. It was always "Gino" and no matter how many times I corrected him, the very next moment it was "Gino", so I just stopped trying. He also took a keen interest in my industry and found it quite amazing that I made Video Games for a living and I loved telling him about it cause he seemed truly impressed with what I was sharing with him. The funeral occurred on Saturday in a chapel packed with over 300 people and it was a beautiful service complete with fantastic speeches by four of Earl's grandkids. Earl was a good guy, he was always smiling or cracking a joke and it is sad to see him go but we know he's up there smiling down on us all. We'll miss you buddy.

On Sunday, we took part in the baptism of my little niece AMAYA. We met at the family church (The Corsi's aren't church-goers but we all seem to go to the same one for these types of events) and a small group of family and friends were on hand for the ceremony. Ida & Albert's friends Leslie & Robby were named the Godparents and Amaya was in perfect form for the entire Baptism. Afterwards, the whole gang headed to Gusto Di Quattro for a beautiful lunch and a few laughs with old family friends. It was a great way to spend a sunday and Amaya was just perfect. Pics can be seen HERE!!!

No comments: