12/11/2006

STOOPID CELL PHONE

So last week I lost my cell phone. It was rough, I use my cell phone a lot during the day and not having it around was like trying to play the piano with no hands. I looked everywhere, home, work, car, shops I'd been to, parking garages, lost & founds... nowhere, the phone was gone.

So I needed a new one and if any of you are with Telus Mobility you know, getting out of a pre-existing contract is like being chained underwater and trying to solve The Da Vinci Code in under five minutes. I tried every trick in the book, arguing like a John Grisham Lawyer to plead my case and lower costs. No luck. I was going to have to pay the piper if I wanted a new "halfway decent" phone. You see I could get a crappy "joe schmoe" phone for cheaper but what the hell am I gonna do with a "joe schmoe" phone? I am not a "joe schmoe phone" kinda guy! So I emptied my wallet of "cash money brutha" for a good phone and got myself a RAZR.

With new phone in hand and funds depleated, I started the next chapter of my life's Cellular Adventure with a smile. Then the penny dropped... Michelle found my old cell phone. It was in the car, wedged between the driver's seat and the handbrake, in an area both I and a workmate looked at. It wasn't there days ago but it was there now... ofcourse. DAMMIT! Now I have two and will sell one but that doesn't take the sting of bitter reality away. While all this is happening to me, I can only think of one thing... "damn you Telus".

It's easier to get mad at "the man" rather than yourself.

4 comments:

MrForbz said...

It IS easier to blame the man, but there is one thing you should blame yourself for...next time you want a new toy, you are going to have to hide the other one WAY better. I mean c'mon dude, Mich found it in the car, THE CAR! Don't you drive over a bridge everyday? Did it never occur to you to roll the window down and "let the wind take it"?
The RAZR's Dope ;)

CORSIWORLD said...

Aren't you sick or something?

I wish I was that smart.

Sarah said...

There is almost no one I hate more than Telus (well, perhaps ICBC maybe). I haven't dealt with Telus for about 2 years now and I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when I was suffering from "baby brain" hormones, and for some reason left my phone on a shelf at Save On. Went to Telus, informed them that I wanted a new phone and that I didn't want to pay for it, and that I was willing to leave them for Bell. I got a new phone (tho' it was a little "jane schmoe"), didn't have to pay for the phone, didn't have to pay for any other charges. But got a call a few days later from Customer Service at Save On saying that they had my phone. Damn!

Hey Michelle, want a new phone? "Lose" yours at Save On and feign insanity due to hormone flux.