10/27/2006

THE NERDY AUTUMN SUNSET

It's been a busy week! Work is busy for the both of us and Michelle has been fighting a steadily sinus-stuffing cold on the side. Today was an especially busy day for me as it was a big deadline and I was chained to the desk for most of it. Late this afternoon while I was working away at one of my 6,324 spreadsheets, a bright orange light hit the side of my face. At first I thought something wacky was going on with the monitor across from me so I turned to look and I saw this...


I stood and looked out the window, told some work mates about the awesome sunset and snapped some pics. Suddenly, the stress of the day was melting away and for a few brief moments, a calm over took my mind, body and soul. It wasn't a religious experience, no, it was a nerdy experience.

Why?

This sunset made me think of the opening scenes of FLASH GORDON when Ming the Merciless causes all those freak storms on Earth and all those cool clouds come rolling in. Yeah, that was pretty cool. Autumn moments like this deserve a nerdy movie break.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhh...that's purdy G-nut. I like it.. :)

CAMacKinnon said...

Holy Crap! I was driving home and noticed the sunset, and what popped into my head? "I wonder if Gio is seeing this?"

I kid you not.

Ali C said...

your pictures are looking awesome...the sunsets here are amazing right now!