4/20/2009

QUESTIONS ANSWERED...

A lot of people have been asking a lot of questions about our upcoming Singapore adventure, so I thought I'd share my thoughts:

WHY LUCASFILM SINGAPORE?
Well, like most guys my age, at one time or another, I was (and still am) a huge STAR WARS fan and when I saw the original movie at a young five years of age, it made quite the impression on me. So much so, that I vowed at one time or another I would some how and in some way, work on STAR WARS. Two years ago, I interviewed with Lucasfilm San Francisco and met withy legendary producer Rick Macallum (cool nerd moment for me) for a potential job and then last year, I almost accepted a job working on the CLONE WARS animated series but the deal didn't work out. Finally, when I lost my Nexon job this year, I contacted Lucasfilm and was informed of the position in Singapore. I thought to myself, "third time lucky" and started the ball rolling.

WHEN DO YOU START?
My first official day is May 18th, we arrive in Singapore on the 12th.

WILL MICHELLE BE ABLE TO WORK?
If she wants to yes. She automatically gets a "Dependent Visa" through me which allows here to live in Singapore and look for work. If she finds a good job and that company wants her, they change the "Dependent Visa" to a "Work Visa" in quick 48-hour process. Singapore is all about people coming to work there, their Visa process is quite quick and painless unlike some other countries in the world (I'm looking at you USA).

WHAT ABOUT YOUR HOUSE?
We are putting it up for rent and we are putting it up for sale. Whichever happens first, wins!

WHAT ABOUT THE DOGS?
Well, there are conflicting reports on whether Singapore is a "dog friendly" city so they are staying behind for now and potentially forever. Luckily, my parents are taking them, they have a big backyard, my stepmom is always home and they both love the beasts. Now, if we find out that Singapore is a great place for the dogs, we have some thinking to do. They have to fly around the world in crates, with a couple stopovers (without us), then once they get here, a minimum of 30 days quarantine no matter how healthy they are. Then there's the heat, our Bostons overheat easily and that mixed with the brutal travel may not be the best for them. Worst case, they stay here, stay happy and we miss the hell out of them.

WHAT ABOUT THE CAT?
Our Awesometown neighbors Steve & Gemina were looking for another cat and luckily fell in love with "the Pinch" when they came to meet him. He will be going to a great & loving home only a stone's throw from his current abode.

WHAT ABOUT ALL YOUR STUFF?
Other than clothes, a few personal items, some camera & gaming equipment and some cook books, the rest is being sold, that's right, we are getting rid of everything. Interested in something? Check out our continually growing sale here: CORSIWORLD ONLINE SALE

WHEN WILL YOU BE BACK?
Time will tell...

2 comments:

BEADLE said...

This was a very informative post. Thank you.

your pal,
Beadle

Unknown said...

we have crazy chowchows and husky dogs hanging around SG, I'm sure your bostons will survive very well here... and cats too!