2/19/2011

RUN TO THE HILLS!!!!

Since 1975, the Heavy Metal band known as IRON MAIDEN has been rocking stages all over the world and in 2011, I finally got the chance to see them live! I've been a fan of Maiden ever since I heard their single 2 Minutes to Midnight off their fifth album Powerslave in 1984 (thanks to Michael Arnold for introducing me). I then went on to hear some other works by the crew including their '82 album The Number of the Beast and one of my all-time favorite Maiden tracks, Run to the Hills.

You see, I was a little chubby rocker back in the day as I was a fan of bands like Van Halen (still am), Kiss & Motley Crue and I considered Iron Maiden the last member of my "Metal Fearsome Foursome". I've seen both Kiss and Crue live once, Halen live three times and now I can add Maiden to that list. My fearsome foursome is complete.

So anyway, Maiden is on "The Final Frontier" tour promoting their grammy winning album and they came to the Singapore Indoor Stadium which was completely sold out. Guess what, they were awesome! They kicked ass and the crowd loved them, for 120-minutes of old and new metal. They have definitely aged but they are still rocking out and lead singer Bruce Dickinson can still belt out the hits including 2 minutes to Midnight but not Run to the Hills (I guess he cant hit those high notes anymore).

This little metal head finally got to see some childhood favorites live and I for one am extremely happy I got that chance. They lived up to the hype and they gave it their all and yes, I would gladly see them again!

No comments: