7/25/2010

CROSSING THE RUBICON

My work trip is complete but I decided to stay in San Francisco for the weekend so that I could actually spend some time in this city with a few friends, it's a rare opportunity and one that I jumped on. Saturday was a great day, Steve picked me up at 9am and we headed to his place in Marin County, we then met up with Mattman and forged ahead for a day in WINE COUNTRY.

Our first stop was Sonoma (a wine town on the other side of Mount St. John from Napa), a cute little berg filled to the brim with Wine & Artisan Shops. People come from far and wide to spend the day in the local square having family picnics or tasting the latest Sauv Blanc. We then headed into Napa for the main event but not before a quick stop at the Oakville Grocery for a fresh Deli Sandwich! Dear god, these were tasty, I had the roast beef & blue cheese and it was to die for!

Finally, the main event! Our afternoon was spent at the Rubicon Winery which is Francis Ford Coppola's home. We had a VIP tour with a great guy named Harold who told us about the history of the house and the winery itself, took us on a tour and ended the afternoon with a private tasting of some amazing wines. I even bought a bottle to take back to Singapore for Michelle to enjoy, wish I could bring more! This place is amazing and I highly recommend anyone who has the chance to spend and hour or three at the Rubicon (which was named after Ceaser crossing the Rubicon river for his commitment to Rome and Coppola's personal commitment to making wine).

We ended the evening with a swim and kick ass BBQ and then as Gamers tend to do, played some Green Day Rock Band while enjoying to spoils of our day. All in all, a great Saturday with the boys!!!

Check out the pics HERE!

No comments: