5/11/2010

CANUCKS SEASON ENDS WITH A THUD

Wow...

Speechless...

THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS came roaring back in Game Five only to lose 5-1 to the Chicago Blackhawks in Game Six, in front of a Vancouver crowd and watch the Hawks go on to face San Jose in the Western Final.

Wow...

Lou played inconsistently, Kesler & Burrows disappeared, the Twins were shut down, Alberts took so many useless penalties, it had to be some kind of record! The list goes on and on.

Chicago was the better team, they played faster, they played harder, they played smarter, they wanted to win more. It's a shame, I really thought that the Canucks would go further this year. I mean, three times in the last four years, the Canucks have been knocked out of the second round, three times! I thought we would break the cycle... I thought wrong.

As disappointed as I am, it was an entertaining season, especially watching the whole thing from Singapore. And I will be right back on the bandwagon for Game 1 with the Nucks next season as well. I'm bitter but I am still a fan!

But what about the rest of the playoffs? Luckily, Chicago is my second favorite team and the Habs are now the last Canadian team in the mix so there's still lots of good hockey to watch.

One thing for sure, this playoff beard is coming off tonight!!!

1 comment:

Tio Victor said...

Gio...
Chicago your second team..?
That's it..! you are not my favourite step-brother anymore..!
SHARKS all the way..!
Sharks have 14 Canadians on their roster, including 4 gold medallists..!

I wanted the 'nucks to win, I wanted to see my SHARKS come to town, again.

Oh, and don't forget the FIFA World Cup is a month away..!