4/26/2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!

At this time last year, we were in a mad dash trying to sell our house and packing up our life for a move to Singapore. This year, we are in Singapore and seem to be a little more relaxed. No house selling, no packing, no cross-planet travel, which means it gives us a lot of time to properly celebrate MICHELLE'S BIRTHDAY!

I cant express how much it means to me that Michelle came to Singapore to allow me a chance to live my childhood dream, she gave up her job to do that. Now, one could argue that we are married and that's part of the deal but you'd be surprised how many married people we know here who's spouses remained behind because of work, family etc. Not Michelle, she was up for the adventure, she was up for the challenge, she was ready to try something new.

It hasn't been easy either, it's a lot more difficult to find work here for the spouse than we were lead to believe, really difficult and she has been trying. She's made some friends, she's going to do some volunteering, she's done some of the "lady of leisure" lifestyle and ofcourse we have travelled: Bali, Thailand, Indonesia & Vietnam so far (Macau is next). But no matter what is going on with her, she's always supported me and my career here and for that I will always be thankful.

She's my lover, my best friend, my partner-in-crime, source of energy and I love her with all that I am.

The happiest of birthdays baby! Who knows where life's adventure will take us next but who cares, as long as we are together it's going to be a blast!!!!

2 comments:

MrForbz said...

Well said brother! Merry Birthday Michelle! Although I wish you were here to celebrate, I know you are in the best of hands over there...

I'll see you in a couple months! Have a greatest Bday!

Miss you tons!

PS... Love and miss you you tons too G... CAN'T Wait to see you guys again!

BEADLE said...

Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY Michelle !

your pal,
Beadle