10/24/2009

RECUPERATION

Well, with the parents gone, we thought life would get back to normal, not so, we got incredibly sick. My dad was extremely sick his last full day here, we thought it was immense food poisoning but no one else in the house was ill even though we all shared dishes at dinner. He got better for his last day in Singapore and we thought the ordeal was in the past. My folks left around 4:00pm and we left the airport to meet our friends AAMIR & DENISE for a bite and beer in Holland Village. A few hours and a few laughs later, we were at home when Michelle started feeling off, soon she was feeling ill and before you know it, she's full blown sick (if you know what I mean). Within moments, I start feeling it too and in under an hour I've taken up permanent residence in one of the bathrooms, Michelle was in the other one. It was the roughest night for either of us in a long time.

Needless to say, I didn't go to work the next day but we were surprised to find that Aamir & Denise were okay... hmm, maybe this wasn't food poisoning, maybe we caught what dad had. We found out later that my stepmom got hit with the sickness as well, while on the flight to Australia. Turns out it was a wicked stomach flu that my dad had somehow caught and passed onto us.

Anyway, we're all good now, back to normal and living da vida loca. It's too bad, the last day of my parents trip had to be a rough one but their overall time here was awesome! I'm glad we're all feeling better now as well!

1 comment:

BEADLE said...

That sounds horrible ! I'm glad you guys are feeling better :)

your pal,
Beadle