2/10/2009

JOBHUNT: WEEK 2

Man is it tough out there. It appears that Vancouver has become somewhat of a saturated market for my line of work. There's hundreds of people all going for the same handful of jobs, for example, one of the smaller companies in town received 1400 resumes last week... 1400. They usually receive 10 or so a week. It just goes to show that the economic downturn has hit the Gaming Industry and hit hard.

With that in mind, I am looking abroad as there seems to be more work around the world than in Vancouver. San Francisco, Montreal, Boston, London, Sweden, Singapore, Australia... there's a lot of work, just none in our hometown. So be prepared, Corsiworld may be on the move.

But until that time, I am pounding the pavement, surfing the web, hooking up with recruiters and taking a lot of phone interviews. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Tio Victor said...

Well, I don't like the idea of having ALL my sibblings overseas, but I guess work comes first :)

BEADLE said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you G !

your pal,
Beadle

Kim said...

Corsis,
We love you so
And we
Want you to know
That We're gonna
Miss your love

The minute you
Walk out that
Door

Please don’t go
Don’t go
Don’t go away
Please don’t go away
Don’t go
I’m beggin’
You stay

Cammy Mac said...

Careful with recruiters. The hiring company would not just be taking on your salary, but also the recruiter's fee; something most studios would not want to do in "these times".

And good luck!

LOBOT said...

Hang in there pal. Catch up on your movies!