12/05/2007

BAD MORNING/GREAT NIGHT

Remember last year when I wanted to get out of my MINI LEASE? Well, I should have taken my own advice. This morning, a block from my house, the tempurature gauge shot up to a gazillion and the car started chugging bad, long story short, blown radiator. 1.5 hour wait for the tow truck, 1/2 hour at Mini and still no car till tomorrow. I won't bore you with the the financial damage but let's just say it's costing me between $774 and $776, somewhere in there. Merry Christmas. If you are planning on buying a used car, can I suggest a 2003 Mini? It just got a new radiator!!!

The day wasn't all bad though, for tonight Cam and I witnessed the concert of concerts for closet rockers like us, David Lee Roth and VAN HALEN, it was awesome. Loud, probably the loudest concert I've been to (yes they were louder than Motley Crue and yes I went to Motley Crue - like I said, closet rocker). Anyway, Dave and the boys sounded awesome, bassist Michael Anthony is no longer with the band but Eddie's 16 year-old son Wolfgang filled in for the tour and believe it or not, he did fantastic. I've been a fan of Van Halen since the Women And Children First Album and I saw them first in concert on the 1984 tour! David Lee Roth left the band and was replaced with Sammy Hagar through the nineties and early 21st century (I saw them twice during this time) but now Dave is back and the band sounded great. I got to rock out for a few hours, listen to some classics and forget about the horrible start to the day.

Bad morning... great night!

2 comments:

BEADLE said...

Why do cars always die in December ?!?!? Our Echo died last year around this time too :(

your pal,
Beadle

CAMacKinnon said...

Colin, Toyota's don't die... they just take a break from being so good.