11/20/2009

ON MY MARK, UNLEASH HELL

I have indulged in true spiciness my friends, seriously, I saw, I tasted, I experienced hell.

Some backstory first. Here in Singapore, the home of the hottest CHICKEN WINGS are at a little ramshackle hut called the SINGAPORE FLYING CLUB located in the middle of nowhere next to the Military Airport. Legend dictates that they have the hottest hot wings around and people at work are always trying to outdo each other with spicier & spicier Hot Wings... boys will be boys I guess. Anyway, about two months ago, four Brits went to the SFC and got themselves on "the board" (the location for people who have entered the spice zone by eating between level 20-35 Wings) by eating some LEVEL 23 WINGS. The came to work in severe pain but boasting and proud, they were definitely the champs at our office.

Now, me being a spice lover, a proud Canadian and a trashtalker, I was not about to be undone, so I vowed to get a Canadian Team together and beat the Brits by taking on some Level 24 Wings. A Canadian co-worker Kent is also one of the most competitive people around so he was definitely onboard, we vowed to try and beat the Brits. So finally tonight, a group of us went to the SFC to get our "Wing On".

The thing about the SFC, is that before you take on the High Levels, you have to prove your worth by taking on some LEVEL 10 WINGS! "No problem" I thought, Level 10 will be a breeze, I'm a Corsi, a proud Canadian fueled by Italian Blood. Boy was I wrong.

Level 10 was a nightmare. The smell alone got my eyes watering. I took a bite and at first I thought "easy like Sunday morning" then a few seconds later, the burn started, a few seconds after that, my mouth caught fire and I entered Hades. I have never, ever tasted anything spicier in all my years and this was only a bloody level 10 Hot Wing. I started sweating from my cheeks, MY CHEEKS, my eyes were wet, my lips were glowing, I was physically shaking they were so bloody spicy. How Wayne, James, Nigel and Lee managed to eat LEVEL 23 I will never know as Level 10 almost knocked me out.

Kent & I (the Canadian Recon Team) managed to get two LEVEL 10 wings down each which is the required amount to take on a higher spice, but honestly I don't know if I can go higher. We both felt the pain and It's going to take a hell of a lot to get us to the next level.

Kudos to the Brits for tackling Level 23 and living to tell the tale.

Trust me friends, if any of you come out here and want to take the challenge, I will gladly bring you to the Singapore Flying Club and watch you burn to death as I enjoy my Level 3 Hot Wings. See pics from the night of fire HERE!!!

2 comments:

MrForbz said...

Ahahahahaha.... I'm terrified and curious at the same time...

tonee said...

Gio, reading your post makes my mouth water and scalp sweat!