11/05/2007

THE CORSI BOYS TAKE ON VEGAS!

Going to Vegas with Michelle or the guys is one thing. Going to Vegas with your dad is entirely different. Still, the weekend with my father (who I haven't traveled with since I was a teenager) in Las Vegas was fantastic and a memorable time I won't soon forget!

Usually a Vegas weekend is filled with drinking, gambling and shopping, this weekend was centered around food, wine and hotels. As you may or may not know, my dad is in the restaurant business so having all of these top hotels and restuarants in one location was too much for my dad to pass up so we checked them all out. For hotels we explored: Monte Carlo, Venetian, Bellagio, Wynn, TI, New York New York, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Paris, Bally's, Caesar's Palace and Planet Hollywood. My dad liked Wynn, Caesar's, Bellagio, Paris and the Venetian the most, obviously he leans towards the European flair.

But the real reason for the visit was all that food! I started off by continuing tradition and introducing dad to BUFFALO CHICKEN ROLLS at the Venetian, he loved them. Luckily, the Venetian also housed two restuarants from my dad's favourite chef MARIO BATALI and we ate at both. B&B is a more upscale Trattoria full of flavour, and ENOTACA SAN MARCO is a robust antipaste pizzaria filled with foody delights. I recommend both but the Enoteca has the better price points. We also enjoyed a fantastic crab lunch at JOE'S in Caesar's. I'm not the biggest crab fan, but these claws were divine and the Key Lime Pie for dessert? Booya! Dad had always wanted to eat at Joe's (also found in Florida and Chicago) and I'm happy it was on his list, I will definitely go back!

We did do some gambling ofcourse. I won some cash on the Big Six Wheel, Wheel of Fortune and Star Wars Slots but lost it all on Roulette and Blackjack (I ended up breaking even so it's all good). Dad however, ended up in the hole, never having the chance to entice Lady Luck. That didn't tarnish his trip though and dad will be going back. I'm glad we finally got to go to Vegas together and this will definitely be a father/son trip to remember! Pics of the adventure HERE!!!

No comments: